In 2020 SIF designed and launched formal programming for our the alumni of our Accelerator program. As the organizations in SIF’s Social Innovator community continued their important work for social change in Greater Boston, they faced new challenges and opportunities for growth, development, and impact. SIF’s Alumni Program supports them in the next stage of their organization’s development through leadership development, skill-building, and network-building.
In early 2020 we decided to expand eligibility for these resources to our full Nonprofit Network, which consists of all the organizations that have participated in any level of SIF programming. For SIF’s nonprofit community, the workshops, roundtables, and learning cohorts provide a chance to come together, build a peer support network, and grapple with issues impacting the nonprofit sector.
For more information about SIF’s Alumni & Nonprofit Network Program, please contact Jenna Nackel, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nonprofit Network members have the flexibility to participate in whatever depth of programming fits their needs. The effectiveness of our approach is reflected in the feedback we receive about it. Per our most recently completed round of survey data:
- 99% of participants in workshops and learning cohorts said they would apply what they learned to their work in the next 12 months.
- 98% of program participants said they would recommend participation in SIF’s Alumni & Nonprofit Network.
- 100% of executive coaching recipients felt that they were better positioned to lead or support their organization’s development than they did prior to executive coaching.
Alumni Program Offerings
Workshops offer interactive learning for nonprofit staff at all levels on a broad range of topics, such as effective nonprofit storytelling, advocacy, supporting staff, individual giving, board engagement, conducting surveys, and more.
Roundtables & Executive Director Circles
Roundtables & Executive Director Circles bring together nonprofit leaders for dialogue and network-building with their peers. Recent topics have included anti-racism, working remotely, virtual fundraising events, and more.
Advising & In-Kind Projects
Advising & In-Kind Projects connect SIF nonprofits with dedicated volunteers and professionals who want to give back to their community and share their expertise. Nonprofits have the opportunity to receive a wide range of pro-bono support, including legal, marketing, and technology support.
Learning Cohorts bring together a small group of nonprofit leaders for focused, multi-part trainings with individualized support in-between sessions. Recent cohorts have focused on fundraising, financial management, leadership, and more.
Executive Coaching provides individualized support to help participants enhance their leadership capabilities and achieve their goals for growth.
SIF’s Alumni Council is a group of 8-12 members of past Social Innovator Accelerator organizations who represent, engage, and connect with other past innovators to advance the interests of SIF’s alumni community. Throughout the launch of the Alumni Program, they have played an integral role in designing and leading programming for the alumni community.
Welcome our 2022 Alumni Council Members!
- Renee Boynton-Jarrett, Vital Village Networks
- Cherie Craft, Smart from the Start
- Alex Danesco, Citizens for Juvenile Justice
- Rachel Fazzino Rodrigues, Louis D. Brown Peace Institute
- Claudia Green, English for New Bostonians
- Andy Herlihy, Community Boating Center
- Michelle Liebetreu, Mystic River Watershed Association
- Adriana Raines, Boston CASA
- Mitra Shavarini, Project Citizenship